Great lakes gelatin, collagen hydrolysate, from pure protein. Kosher.
- Helps regulate the body’s metabolism
- Builds connective tissue in hair, skin, and nails
- Bio-active product containing 90 percent protein
- Rapid absorption. Packaging may vary.
- Cold water soluble
Protein is the second most plentiful substance in the body (after water)
It is needed for the growth and repair of every cell in the body. Up to 40% of the body is made up of connective tissue, 70% of the connective tissue is collagen. Protein is naturally considered the building blocks of the metabolism.
Collagen is the protein that forms connective fibers in tissues
Such as skin, ligaments, cartilage and bones. Collagen also acts as a kind of intracellular glue that gives support, shape and bulk to blood vessels, bones, and organs such as the heart, kidneys and liver. Collagen is also required for the repair of blood vessels, bruises and broken bones.
Collagen Hydrolysate is unique in its amino acid structure
Because of its high amounts of glycine and proline, which are found in lower amounts in other protein food supplements. After the age of 25 the body’s natural ability to produce the amino acids diminishes, but can be easily obtained from adding collagen protein to the diet.
The sustained use of hydrolyzed collagen has been reported to have
Beneficial effects on other connective tissues like tendons, ligaments, cartilage, joints and bone. Cartilage that covers the surface of joints is composed of cells called chondrocytes that are embedded in an extracellular matrix that contains collagen fibers and other molecules that are linked into an integrated network with hyaluronic acid.
VITAL PROTEINS COLLAGEN PEPTIDES
What is Collagen?
Collagen is the protein that our body relies on to ensure the health and vitality of your skin, hair, tendon, cartilage, bones, and joints. Everything that connects our body, keeping skin tone and joints strong, needs collagen.
Why We Need Collagen
Our modern diets lack the collagen that was once abundant in foods. Without dietary collagen, our body can’t replenish what’s missing. This can have an effect on our hair, skin and nails, and joints, ligaments and tendons as we age.
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are collagen molecules that are small enough to get quickly absorbed and used by our body. This bioavailability is the reason people see improvements in how they look, feel and move after using Vital Proteins Collagen consistently.
HOW TO USE COLLAGEN
Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides are easily digested and soluble in cold or hot liquids. Just one to two times per day, adding a scoop of Collagen Peptides to food or beverages gives you the vitamin boost you need to support healthy hair, skin, and nails, bone and joint health, digestion, muscle recovery, and more. Use collagen for a variety of recipes:
- Stir into water, fruit juice, or other beverages
- Add to smoothies as protein booster
- Mix with oatmeal, soups, or sauces
- Add into recipes for entrees or desserts
- Easy to use! The Collagen Peptides mix well in hot or cold liquids, making them an easy addition to whatever your diet might be
KEY FEATURES & ATTRIBUTES
Collagen is one of the most nutrient-rich proteins in the human body. Supplementing with Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides offers:
- 20 g collagen per serving – supports overall health and wellness
- 3,719 mg natural glycine – promotes healthy immune and digestive systems
- 100% pure collagen protein – clean, tasteless, and dissolves & absorbs quickly
- Sourced from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine to ensure a natural, high quality, and sustainable source of this nutrient
- Digested and absorbed by the body quickly for maximum benefits
- Whole30 Approved & paleo friendly
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
- Preservative free
- Non GMO
- Hormone free